Monday, May 7, 2007

meaning behind the name

Greetings!

firstly before i start, i would like to thank ms. sandra chan for helping me set up this blog. yes, thank you for passing me the links for the chat box and the visit counter thinggy. i would have found it on my own but you had to stop my from creating my blog all on my own. Hahaha! well if i did search for the chat box and visit counter on my own it woulda taken me a long time to get it. so yeah thanks for passin me the links.

now back to what i was going to say.

the meaning behind the name. what name you guys might be asking? well its the name hamster in a box. already a few people have been asking me what with the hamster in a box? here are the origins of this weird nickname/site name.

it all started one day in secondary school in the year 2004. my class mates (mainly the girls) decided to give everyone in our class cute nick name! not just any kind of nick names. they decided to give us ANIMAL nicknames. for some unknown reason i got the nickname hamster.

later on, i decided to open up my multiply account. i went to the multiply site and click make new account. that was the easy part. then came the hard part, thinking of a name for the site. i sat there thinking and thinking and thinking. then i decided to use the nickname hamster. but of course it had to be unique. it had to be something that noone else had thought of.

so i sat, and jumped around, rolled around the floor, went jogging alittle and finally thought of something. i first came up with hamster in a cage. but after a while i decided that the hamster would sound alittle too imprisoned. then i came up with hamster in a jar, that to wasn't so good because it didnt make any sence. finally after much thought, i came up with hamster in a box.

why a box? well its because a box is not nessecerally closed. it can be opened and it can also be decorated and made to look like a house. Hahaha! well actually its meant to represent a place where the hamster can hide from the outside world. basicly a safe heven away from everything that is not cool or that would make life really suck.

well hope that this is a good enough explanation. if it ain't, then leave a comment and i'll think of some more rubbish to type out.

this concludes todays entry.

peace out!

No comments: